Search Postgresql Archives

[BDR] vs pgpool-II v3

Hello everyone!

The context of this is using BDR to implement a HA solution where we  have one node getting all connections at a time, if the node fails we move all connections to another node. (eg. only one node gets all connections at any given time).

I am looking for help / advice on how to answer the following question I was presented with:

"BDR is only one in Beta compare to stable options: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication,_Clustering,_and_Connection_Pooling. Not sure why this solution would be chosen. Experience with pgpool is that you only needed to change a port and no SQL changes required on an application side."

I appreciate any input as to pros/cons of BDR vs PGPool-II v3 in this context.

  ~Wayne