Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?

On 6/30/2015 9:57 AM, ben.play wrote:
To be more precise : We have a database with more than 400 Gb and ONE table
with more than 100 Gb of data. This is huge for doctrine. When the cron
runs, it writes a lot on the disks in temporary file (although we have 128
GB of Ram...). Of course, each table is well indexes...

That is why I'm thinking about replication : My server A (master) is for my
users... and my server B is a server reserved for calculations (and this
server B which writes on the base)

This is a image of my dream system :
<http://postgresql.nabble.com/file/n5855916/9e41ce1f-38ea-4fba-a437-a43c598e655c.jpg> (If you can't see the image :
http://tof.canardpc.com/view/9e41ce1f-38ea-4fba-a437-a43c598e655c.jpg)

what happens when master A continues to update/insert into these tables that your cron job is batch updating on the offline copy ? How would you merge those changes in ?