Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Functions, savepoints, autocommit = I am confused !

> So this is in a plpgsql function?

It is yes, but I thought I would spare you a copy/paste of the entire thing.

The error trapping section currently looks like this :
EXCEPTION
                        WHEN OTHERS THEN
                                RAISE EXCEPTION 'Failed to validate
session for session % (SQLSTATE: %  - SQLERRM: %)',
session_id,SQLSTATE,SQLERRM
                                USING HINT = 'Database error occured
(sval fail)';
END;

> Where is the validateSession function?
>
> More to the point, can you show how it is used in conjunction with?

The validateSession function was the one I pasted ?  Do you mean you
want to see the actual function() definition at the top ?

The cleanSession function (the one validateSession calls at the top)
is simple (the v_ values are simply 'epoch minus TTL') :
BEGIN
delete from app_security.app_sessions where
session_start<=v_forcedTimeout or
session_lastactive<=v_sessionTimeout;
EXCEPTION
WHEN OTHERS THEN
RAISE EXCEPTION
USING ERRCODE = sqlstate,
MESSAGE = 'Failed to clean session table (' || sqlerrm || ')',
HINT = 'Database error(sclean fail)';
END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

> See the plpgsql link above.