Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Include.d and warnings

But max_connections did not change before the reload.  It is just
overruled in an included configuration file.

This is fixed in 9.4 and up.  Since it's just cosmetic, we did not
back-patch the change.

We're running 9.4.4. I've just tested this, and doing a "restart" followed by a "reload" causes the error message to appear.

Is anyone else willing to try and reproduce the problem?

> Just for my edification. If an include file contains a different
> value for a setting that can only be changed on restart, Postgres is
> supposed to throw out the restart message?

To clarify, the server is started with the setting already present:
postgresql.conf : max_connections 100
conf.d/extra.conf : max_connections 125

If you start the server and reload, this will give the error message.

Checking the live setting with "select * from pg_settings where name = 'max_connections'" shows that the setting already is 125. So the warning is confusing because a restart would not change anything.

Kind regards,
Andomar