Search Postgresql Archives

Re: serialization failure why?

On 17 June 2015 at 13:52, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Filipe Pina <filipe.pina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> if drop the foreign key constraint on stuff_ext table there are
> no failures at all…

It is my recollection that we were excluding the queries used to
enforce referential integrity constraints from the conflict
tracking, so I am surprised you are seeing this.  What is the exact
version you are using (as reported by the version() function)?

I don't see any mechanism for excluding anything from serializable checks, so I can't see how that would work.

I can't find any mention of serializability concerns in the RI code itself.

AFAIK it would be strange to exclude FK checks from serializability checks, since they represent a valid observation of an intermediate state.

Mat Views are excluded but I don't understand why that should be the case. There is no documented explanation.