Search Postgresql Archives

support for ltree

I am wondering if the contributed module <ltree> will always be part of Postgres? Do contributed modules ever get absorbed into Postgres itself?

The reason I am asking is that, although ltree seems to have been a contributed module since at least 8.3, how can one know if it will always be part of subsequent versions of Postgres?

Michael Shapiro
Senior Systems Engineer
National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA)
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)