Search Postgresql Archives

Re: date type changing to timestamp without time zone in postgres 9.4

On 06/01/2015 06:04 AM, Rishi Gokhale wrote:
Hey Adrian and Albe,

Thanks very much for your quick responses. I am indeed using EDB's postgres plus.

It looks like it has a function thats forcing the date type to change to a timestamp. I actually deleted that function, but it still didn't help.

I think the below is what you want to look at:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/9.4/eeguide
/Postgres_Plus_Enterprise_Edition_Guide.1.017.html#pID0E0HPQ0HA

Thanks,
Rishi

From: Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2015 3:32 AM
To: 'Adrian Klaver  *EXTERN*'; Rishi Gokhale; pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  date type changing to timestamp without time zone in postgres 9.4

Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 05/30/2015 10:05 PM, Rishi Gokhale wrote:
When I create a table with a column whose type is date the type gets
forced to timestamp without timezone after it gets created

ops=# CREATE TABLE test (
ops(#     name    varchar(40) NOT NULL,
ops(#     start date NOT NULL
ops(# );
CREATE TABLE

ops=# \d test;
                 Table "public.test"
   Column |            Type             | Modifiers
  --------+-----------------------------+-----------
   name   | character varying(40)       | not null
   start  | timestamp without time zone | not null

The table creation is just a test, my original issue is while restoring
a backup (pg_dump/pg_restore) from another server also 9.4, where the
date types on numerous columns get forced to change to timestamp without
timezone.

Not seeing that here:

A wild guess, since "date" in Oracle is effectively a timestamp:
Are you using EDB's Postgres Plus?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

--