Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgresql 9.4 upgrade openSUSE13.1

On 05/31/2015 08:57 AM, Arup Rakshit wrote:
Hi,

I have installed long back postgresql92, and I want to upgrade it to postgresql 9.4. But not seeing any package for that. Any help ?

[arup@music_track (master)]$ zypper info postgresql94
Reading installed packages...

FYI for future reference I would use zypper search postgres. zypper info needs an exact name, search is more like grep -i. In any case postgresql94 is not in the default repos.

I am on openSUSE 13.1 and compile my Postgres versions from source. If you want to get an RPM package I would look here(see WARNING below):

http://software.opensuse.org/package/postgresql94

*WARNING* I have not done this and I do not know if it installs over the existing Postgres install or not. I would definitely backup your data and conf files. The safer route would be to try this out on another machine, say a cloud instance *WARNING*

package 'postgresql94' not found.
[arup@music_track (master)]$

--
Adrian Klaver