Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Restarting DB after moving to another drive

On 5/13/2015 11:06 AM, Daniel Begin wrote:
I am then currently running pg_dumpall on the database. I will restore the cluster on the new drive once completed. However, there is still something obscure in the process. The doc says "pg_dumpall requires all needed tablespace directories to exist before the restore". External tablespaces directories are easy to create but what's about pg_default and pg_global  tablespace since I never created specific tablespaces for them?

those are created when you initdb the target cluster prior to restoring the pg_dumpall output.