Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to get plpython2 in /lib?

On 03/06/2015 09:43 PM, dpopova@xxxxxxx wrote:
Thank you, Adrian.
Maybe, you will be able to find something useful.
I spent more hours trying to
- install PostgreSQL 9.3 (successful, but with python3)
- install PostgresApp 9.3 (unsuccessful, could not start postgres,  but no
matter - no python2 there anyway), then uninstall it.
- install Python 2.7 (successful)

MADlib still cannot be registered - same failure, with no plpython2 found
in /lib:

madpack.py : INFO : Testing PL/Python environment...
madpack.py : INFO : > Creating language PL/Python...
madpack.py : ERROR : SQL command failed:
SQL: CREATE LANGUAGE plpythonu;
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plpython2": No such file or directory

madpack.py : ERROR : Cannot create language plpythonu. Stopping
installation...
madpack.py : ERROR : MADlib installation failed.

Sad,  :-(

Still not sure why EDB is forcing Python 3 use and not offering option to use Python 2?

Might be worth posting in their forum below to see if there is a solution that I have missed:

http://forums.enterprisedb.com/forums/show/9.page

According to this:

https://github.com/PostgresApp/PostgresApp/issues/150

Postgres.app 9.3 should have plpythonu in it.

If it where me the first thing I would do is remove all the Postgres installs you have done, either EDB or postgres.app. I suspect that some of the problems you are seeing is multiple instances of Postgres trying to run at the same time. Then I would try the postgres.app version 9.3.5.2. If the above does not work then see below.

There is the option of building from source, though that requires you have the build tools installed. I have built from source on Linux* and have installed Postgres using the installer on Windows, but I have never installed Postgres on OS X so I am probably not the best person to guide you through this. Hopefully someone with more experience can step in and offer further assistance.

Diana

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx