Search Postgresql Archives

Re: SQL solution for my JDBC timezone issue

This is what I was looking for, however the JDBC does something to make its timezone the default.

My cluster is set to GMT, I have a DB that is set to US/Pacific,  when I get the connection from JDBC it is US/Eastern.  The reset command does not affect it.  I can set timezone in the code to 'US/Pacific" and I see it change, when I do another RESET timezone it goes back to US/Eastern.

Thanks,
George Woodring

iGLASS Networks
www.iglass.net

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
George Woodring <george.woodring@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Yes, that is where we think we are heading, the issue is that the code does
> not know what it needs to be set back to.  We have 90 databases with 5
> different time zones.  I was just hoping for a more elegant solution than
> writing a lookup table that says if you are connecting to db x then set to
> timezone y.

"RESET timezone" ?

                        regards, tom lane