Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to convert "output deleted/inserted into" in MySQL to Postgres

Tong Michael wrote on 20.02.2015 21:59:

hey guys, I'm kinda new to Postgres and I'm learning it now. I have work to convert some stored procedures in MySQL
to Postgres and I came across an issue here that I can't solve:

update  db.user
              set Deleted        = 1
             , UpdateTerminal = @UpdateTerminal
              , UpdateUser     = @UpdateUser
              , UpdateDate     = @UpdateDate
         output deleted.CreditTypeID
              , deleted.CreditID
              , deleted.Amount
           into @ReconDeleted
          where Deleted = 0
            and ClientID = @ClientID;

I think it tried to update a couple of columns in table user and insert values in other 3 columns into another
table ReconDeleted at the same time. I have issues converting "OUTPUT INTO" and "deleted" items,
with my limited knowledge about Postgres, I don't think we have those in pg. Can someone tell me how to convert it?

That is not valid for MySQL it does not have an "OUTPUT DELETED" option for any DML statement.
Plus: MySQL does not have table variables.

The looks much more like SQL Server/T-SQL.