Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Hardware requirements for a PostGIS server

I am currently planning to set up a PostgreSQL + PostGIS instance for my
lab. Turns out I believe this would be useful for the whole center, so
that I'm now considering setting up the server for everyone—if interest
is shared of course. At the moment, I am however struggling with what
would be required in terms of hardware

Just for perspective, here are the specs required to run a Nominatim server, which uses PostGIS to do geocoding on OpenStreetMap data:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/Installation

Of course maybe your users have more detailed data, but at least that link will give you something to think about.

Good luck!

Paul