Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Using row_to_json with %ROWTYPE ?

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Tim Smith <randomdev4+postgres@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You're most welcome to look at my view definition view if you don't
believe me ....

View definition:
 SELECT a.session_id,
    a.session_ip,
    a.session_user_agent,
    a.session_start,
    a.session_lastactive,
    b.user_id,
    b.tenant_id,
    b.reseller_id,
    b.tenant_name,
    b.user_fname,
    b.user_lname,
    b.user_email,
    b.user_phone,
    b.user_seed,
    b.user_passwd,
    b.user_lastupdate,
    b.tenant_lastupdate
   FROM app_sessions a,
    app_users_vw b
  WHERE a.user_id = b.user_id;

​So that view and definition are correct.

So either PostgreSQL is seeing a different view (in a different schema) or the function is confused in ways difficult to predict.

I guess it is possible that:

(SELECT v_​row FROM v_row) would give that message but I get a "relation v_row does not exist" error when trying to replicate the scenario.

​It may even be a bug but since you have not provided a self-contained test case, nor the version of PostgreSQL, the assumption is user error.​

David J.