Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to analyze a slowdown in 9.3.5?

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 8:54 PM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just curious. Have you checked that the tables are being vacuum/analyzed periodically and that the statistics are up to date? Try running the following query to verify:

A vacuum analyze runs every night and there would not have been many inserts or updates to the tables used by the lookup function since the latest vacuum analyze.  I think I may have even done a vacuum analyze on the two largest tables after the first DB shutdown.
--
Mike Nolan