Search Postgresql Archives

PSQL/pgAdmin - Column Completion

I have been having issues with autocomplete in pgAdmin. After some searching,
I found it was my mistake and that pgAdmin doesn't actually support column
autocompletion in select statements. I found that pgAdmin uses the
autocomplete code directly from psql's tab-complete.c, which contains these
comments in the current version starting on line 3387:

/* SELECT */
   /* naah . . . */

Is there any talk of this functionality being added in the future? I find it
a bit disappointing that other applications such as HeidiSQL can
autocomplete column names from tables/aliases/etc, but pgAdmin cannot. I
would definitely rather use pgAdmin for query building, but I never realized
how much I use column completion until I switched to Postgres for a new
project.