Search Postgresql Archives

Fwd: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark

Hi Adrian,

thank you for your support. Here are the informations you requested

I have already done that and found something strange:

On the PC where the backup was done with pg_dump, all locale settings of
Postgres were English/United States. (LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_MONETARY,
LC_NUMERIC in postgresql.conf)

> OS and OS version?

Windows Server 2012R2

> Postgres version?

Version 9.2.1 (same version used on all machines)

> What was the pg_dump command used?

pg_dump -p 6789 -EUTF8 -f myFile.sql my_Database

On the first PC on which I tried to load the backup file with psql, all
locale settings if Postgres were  German_Germany. Everything is ok, the
SQL file with '.' as decimal point was accepted without a problem

> OS and OS version?

Windows 7 Enterprise SP 1

> Postgres version?

Version 9.2.1 (same version used on all machines)

> How was it loaded via psql?

psql -p 6789 -U postgres my_Database < myFile.sql

> Was the psql on the same machine and from the same version of Postgres?

Same version, but on different machines.

On the second PC (Virtual Machine) I had the SAME settings in
postgresql.conf (German_Germany)

> OS and OS version?

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1

> Postgres version?

Version 9.2.1 (same version used on all machines)

> How was it loaded via psql?

psql -p 6789 -U postgres my_Database < myFile.sql

> Did you use the psql on the VM or did you use the psql on the host?

psql on the VM

> Was the Postgres/psql on the host the same as the VM?

Same Version (9.2.1)

> What are you using for virtualization?

VM Ware Player 6.0.2

> What is host OS?