Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Trying to get SSPI/JDBC working

On 12/02/2014 08:10 AM, Dave Rosckes wrote:
I am new to Postgresql.  I have a postgres server running on a windows
platform.  The DBs will not have any remote access, only users logged
onto the localhost will have access.  SSPI seems like a great
authentication protocol to use in this case.

I believe I have followed all the instructions on how to get this to work:

Postgresql: postgresql-9.3.4-4-windows-x64

Updated pg_hba.conf to have the following lines:
host    all             all 127.0.0.1/32
<http://127.0.0.1/32>            sspi
host    all             all             ::1/128                     md5

Created role that matches userid via pgAdmin III

JDBC connection url:
"jdbc:postgresql://localhost/postgresDB?integratedSecurity=true"
JDBC jar: postgresql-9.3-1100.jdbc4.jar

Looking in the pglog all I see is:

CST FATAL:  SSPI authentication failed for user "roscked"
CST DETAIL:  Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 80: "host
all             all 127.0.0.1/32 <http://127.0.0.1/32>            sspi"

The exception I see:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: GSS Authentication failed

Is there more to the exception, like maybe a traceback?

Is there anything in the Windows system logs that would help?

Any guidance on how to get more information on the failure, or
suggestion on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx