Search Postgresql Archives

Re: BDR, 9.4 release schedule, PostgreSQL in Azure, pgPool-II

> Hi All :)
>
> A few questions from a newbie.
>
> 1. Use someone BDR in production (https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/BDR_Project)?
> 2. When ~ is expected to release 9.4?

I don't think it's in 9.4.

> 3. Use someone PostgreSQL in Azure and can give any advice?

I have no experience with Azure. So no idea.

> 4. Do I understand correctly that the closest analog of mysql-proxy - it's pgPool-II. The scheme is very simple - every frontend with the code works with own database's instance, and use another one instance of DB only in case of problems with main (own) DB.

I have no experience with mysql-proxy. However quick googling suggests
that mysql-proxy is resemble to pgpool-II except that pgpool-II has
failover functionality, while mysql-proxy not.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan