Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Understanding and implementing a GiST Index

I had skimmed the presentation slides, but I hadn't looked that closely because it appeared to be using cosine similarity metrics, and only operated on matrices, neither of which are what I wanted.

On closer examination, I think I could explode my packed hash values to a matrix. I'm not sure how the cosine similarity metric would work given that the arrays would only contain the values either 0 or 1 (as my hash value is fundamentally a integer of configurable length (you can alter the hash size, I'm using 64 bits)).

I'll check out the code and poke it a bit.

I'll probably also move this discussion to the hackers mailing list (the instructions say to ask here first, but Oleg suggested I go there, and I generally agree).

Connor