Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to callproc a PL/pgSQL function a cursor OUT parameter and two OUT parameters

On 10/04/2014 09:16 AM, Néstor Boscán wrote:
Hi

I have a PL/pgSQL that looks like this:

create or replace function my_function (p_cursor out refcursor, p_code out varchar, p_message out varchar) as $$
  begin
    open p_cursor for
      select * from table;
    p_code := 'AJ001';

    return;
  end; $$ language plpgsql;

I've tried to invoke this function using:

cursor.callproc('schema.my_function', [ 'mycursor', code, message ])

But I get:

HINT: Ninguna función coincide en el nombre y tipos de argumentos. Puede ser necesario agregar conversión explícita de tipos.

In english is something like No function matches the name and types of arguments.

Any ideas?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/xfunc-sql.html#XFUNC-OUTPUT-PARAMETERS

"Notice that output parameters are not included in the calling argument list when invoking such a function from SQL. This is because PostgreSQL considers only the input parameters to define the function's calling signature. That means also that only the input parameters matter when referencing the function for purposes such as dropping it. We could drop the above function with either of.."

So drop the OUT variables from your function call.

Regards,

Néstor

--
Adrian Klaver