Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to restore backup database

On 09/08/2014 09:04 AM, klo uo wrote:
Hi,

I use PostrgrSQL 9.3 for couple of months now, on Windows.
I installed new Window OS, and before installing, I made tar backups of
my PostgreSQL databases.

What was the command you used?

Now I want to restore these on my new OS, but I can't find such option
in pgAdmin.

In documentation (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/backup.html)
I see only suggestions how to restore sql dumps with command line tools,
but none how to restore single file tar backups.

Please suggest the right way to restore my backup databases.

Well that depends on the answer to the previous question.

Thanks

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx