Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Re: Timezone difference between Oracle SYSDATE and PostgreSQL timestamp functions

On 08/31/2014 09:22 PM, Vinayak wrote:
Thank you for reply.

The time return by SYSDATE depends on the OS timezone setting while in
PostgreSQL we can set the timezone using 'set time zone..' statement so here
timezone setting depends on DBMS but I think there are not so many systems
that use different timezone settings between DBMS and OS.

I would say that needs clarification. If you have a database running on a server and getting its timezone from the server OS and multiple clients running across many timezones each with a different OS timezone, then the above is not strictly true. So, exactly which machine OS are you talking about?

-----
Regards,
Vinayak,

Adrian Klaver