Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ERROR: Problem running post install step

On 08/23/2014 11:09 AM, Brodie S wrote:
How would that be done on a Mac?

Well that was stupid of me, forgetting you where using the Mac installer. Not sure how to do that on Mac or if it is even possible. Best I can do is point you here:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/9.3/pginstguide/PostgreSQL_Installation_Guide-05.htm#P99_4193

Mac OS X-specific Software Requirements

Seems there is README file, it may shed some light.

The basic issue is that the initdb fails and the installer backs out at that stage. It might be instructive to look at the OS system logs at that point in time to see if there is anything that might help identify why initdb is failing.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx