Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Adding 3 hours while inserting data into table

On 08/07/2014 08:09 AM, Gaurav Tiwari G wrote:
Hi,

Java application configuration has no issue, we have cross check it.

On third point, what data you require as you mentioned that  "what is being
provided to the Postgres server and what the result is ".  I think postgres.conf would be sufficient or any other files will be required ??

A sample of the actual data being INSERTed(the actual INSERT query) into the table and then the data as it is in the table. So a before and after of the timestamp.

The reason I am asking to see the actual data has, among other things, to do with the Postgres JDBC driver. In recent versions it adds a TimeZone setting to the connection string. Below is a link to a message in a previous thread that dealt with a JDBC timezone issue, that details the code involved:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/538B4F3B.5070006@xxxxxxxxxxx

Not sure if this is involved or not, but looking at what is being inserted would help determine that.

Regards,
Gaurav Tiwari

--
Adrian Klaver