Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Reindex taking forever, and 99% CPU

On 08/02/2014 07:02 PM, Phoenix Kiula wrote:
Thanks John.

So what're the right settings? Anyway, right now Postgresql is
servicing only one main connection, which is the REINDEX. All other
stuff is switched off, no one else is connecting to the DB.

My issue with this table was the vaccum process would stop at this
table, and take hours.

In your original post you said it was stopping on pg_class so now I am confused.

So I thought something was wrong with this
table. My version of PG was 9.0.11, and googling for similar issues
brought up an old post by Tom Lane that suggested to the poster of
that thread to upgrade. So now I have, and am at 9.0.17 -- I recognize
this is not 9.3.5, but not sure we have the appetite right now for a
massive upgrade.

So what I'm trying to do is reindex this specific table.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx