Search Postgresql Archives

Re: php password authentication failed for user ...

On 07/15/2014 07:17 AM, basti wrote:
Hello Adrian,

Yes I use the correct cluster.

password authentication failed for user "testuser" ...
is a line from the postgres log

Yes I know what "trust" mean.

psql in version 9.3 can connect without error,
psql in version 9.1 connect to server 9.3 get the same error as above.

I have done the setup.
And I don't use ADO for this test.

I have also test

Postgres 9.1 and Postgres 9.4 both work with auth-method md5, except
postgres 9.3 discuss there.

To follow up on my previous post.

Are all these clusters running on the same machine?

Where they all installed from the same source, pgdg, or are they from different sources?

I have to go, so I will get back to this later, though I suspect wiser minds then mine will get you an answer in the interim.

It takes a round 5 hours to find this "error".
If anybody has the same problem be warned.

Regards,
basti

--
Adrian Klaver