Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Windows releases - Bundle OpenSSL includes and .libs in the installer?

On 07/03/2014 05:41 PM, Dave Page wrote:
> It shouldn't be an issue for psqlODBC itself as users of that link
> against the driver manager not the driver. I suspect what Craig is
> trying to do is build the driver against our server installation, which
> means he may need OpenSSL now, and other dependencies in the future

Exactly.

It's not vital. After all, I can just build my own libpq + openssl +
gettext etc. But I'd rather reduce divergence from the published
psqlODBC drivers if possible, by bundling the "official" libpq Windows
binaries. As psqlODBC must link directly to OpenSSL that won't work with
how they're currently distributed - or not without possible issues due
to OpenSSL library mismatches, anyway.