Search Postgresql Archives

C++ Background Workers?

I'm trying to build a custom background worker for 9.3 in C++. I'm having trouble getting it running, mostly due to what I think is some weird name mangling. The code is pretty simple and works fine if I compile it as a C background worker, but the plan is to link this worker to some other C++ libraries.

I guess I should first ask if this is even possible to do, at a glance it seems like it but I've been at it for a while and it's not working out.

Here is the output for compilation of a simple CPP project:

https://gist.github.com/qpfiffer/30bbd154277796b68245

Recompiling for -fPIC (as it says to) correctly builds the shared library, but then when I try to run Postgres with my .so file being loaded I get this:

https://gist.github.com/qpfiffer/e59c9260b687a23e2743

The cpp, header and make files are all here if that would prove useful:

https://gist.github.com/qpfiffer/5bb503264b903a29a191

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

QP