Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Validating User Login Within Postgres

On 07/01/2014 06:03 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jul 2014, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:

That depends. For example - for system that will have 5 users, and
requires strict security policies - it would make sense. On the other
hand, for website, with thousands of users, putting them all as actual
roles in Pg doesn't make much sense, and could potentially cause problem.

Hubert,

  OK. This is not a Web-based application, but the users could number in the
dozens.
Using database user authentication is great for corporate use. If you have an LDAP (or active directory) you can define the authentication to use that. See the pg_hba file for details on various authentication methods.

Our application is written in python as well (desktop modules in wxPython and web modules in django)  and we use LDAP authentication.

sim