Search Postgresql Archives

Best way to list a role’s owned objects?

Hi all,

	What is the best way to list a role’s owned objects in any database?

My problem is that I need to be able to “FORCE DROP ROLE” by taking any objects that that role owns, in any database, and reassigning them to the “postgres” user.

Even if REASSIGN OWNED BY worked for this purpose (it only works on the current database), I would still need a way to display to the API caller which objects were reassigned.

Oh, and this preferably needs to work all the way back to PostgreSQL 8.1. :-<

	Any ideas?

	Thanks!

-Felipe Gasper
Houston, TX