Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 + CentOS 6.5 64 bit - segfault error in initdb

On 06/09/2014 04:02 AM, Bhushan Pathak wrote:
Trying to figure out shell environment differences between the service
script & postgres shell, if I comment out the following variable in
profile file/add them after performing initdb operation, the postgresql
operations seem to work fine -

In the init script the only thing that is exported that could possibly conflict is PGDATA which is the same as your PG_HOME, but they are assigned to different variables so I am not sure where the conflict would occur.

PATH=$PATH:/usr/pgsql-9.2/bin
export PATH
This seems alright, though not needed by the script as it uses the full path when calling the binaries.

export POSTGRESQL_JDBC_DRIVER=/opt/lib/postgresql-9.2-1003.jdbc4.jar
Not sure how the above would have any effect with the initdb as Java is not involved.

export PG_HOME=/var/lib/pgsql/data/
This is redundant, I would just use the PGDATA environment variable exported by the script.

These variables are needed by a few cron scripts that would be installed
later on after my postgres config completes successfully.

The yum postgresql link I used earlier to download the RPM dos not the
debuginfo package for 9.2.4 version. Will it be OK to use the latest
debuginfo package with the rest being on version 9.2.4? Or I will have
to use all the latest RPM packages?

Thanks
Bhushan Pathak

--