Search Postgresql Archives

Re: unable to build postgres-9.4 in os x 10.9 with python

On 05/30/2014 11:52 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Asif Naeem <anaeem.it@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM, reiner peterke <zedaardv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Since upgrading my mac from os x 10.8 to 10.9, i can no long build
postgres with '--with-python’.

Latest PG 9.4 source code seems building fine with --with-python option on
my OS X 10.9.3 box  i.e.

[ please don't top-post in PG mailing lists ]

I can reproduce the failure as described, not only in 9.4 but the back
branches too; I would've noticed sooner except I don't build plpython
routinely.

It looks to me like Apple broke something in the build toolchain.
If you add -v as suggested, what you see is

If you do the ld call by hand without the -syslibroot option, it works.
AFAICS it could never have worked with such an option, so I'm thinking
this is some new misbehavior in the latest version of Xcode.

There is and the SO thread that goes into detail on this is here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19555395/python-framework-is-missing-from-os-x-10-9-sdk-why-also-workaround

The Apple document referenced in above is:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/technotes/tn2328/_index.html

			regards, tom lane

--
Adrian Klaver