Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgresql service stopped automatically after restart

On 05/29/2014 08:01 AM, Kalai R wrote:
I have checked no problem in pg_hba.conf file.

Have you checked the Postgres or Windows system logs?

Also I have disabled AV software checks for the Postgres Directories.

But Problem remains

There actually seem to be several problems across multiple platforms if I am following correctly. An attempt at a solution is going to need a great deal more information then what we have been given so far. My suggestion would be to stick to one issue at a time and work it to completion, say the case where the files are not deleted but the service does not start.

For starters, information that would be helpful:

1) OS version

2) What your .NET application is actually doing when installing Postgres.

3) Error messages that the user sees.

4) Error messages from the Postgres/OS logs

5) I assume this system was working in the past, so an indication of when it quit working and any changes that occurred over that time period.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx