Search Postgresql Archives

are analyze statistics synced with replication?

We have a master/slave setup with replication.  Today we failed over to the slave and saw disk I/O go through the roof.

Are the pg_statistic statistics synced along with streaming replication? Are you expected to have to do a vacuum analyze after failing over?  That's what we're trying now to see if it makes a difference.  Our next step will be to fall back to the first host and see where this one went wrong (society?  lax discipline at home? the wrong sort of friends?)