Fra: "Alban Hertroys" <haramrae@xxxxxxxxx>
Til: "Vegard Bønes" <vegard.bones@xxxxxx>
Kopi: pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sendt: 13. mai 2014 17:49:28
Emne: Re: [GENERAL] better performance on poorer machine?

On 13 May 2014 16:48, Vegard Bønes <vegard.bones@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a database on a test server with queries that perform terribly. Trying to fix this problem, I copied the database (using pg_dump) to my laptop, and reran tests there. The same queries perform perfectly on my laptop.

We can but guess, but... Quite possibly your laptop is not actually a
poorer machine for single uncomplicated queries. If it's cores are
faster than the test servers, than your laptop would out-perform the
server for such queries.

Once you get other users starting to run queries as well, turning the
load into a parallel load, the server will probably turn out faster
again.