Search Postgresql Archives

Creating a role with read only privileges but user is allowed to change password

Hi Guys,

I've created a role named "MyRole" in posgresql with the following :

CREATE ROLE "MyRole" NOSUPERUSER LOGIN NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE NOINHERIT PASSWORD "MyPassword";

ALTER ROLE "MyRole" set default_transaction_read_only = on;

Because I wanted this role to readonly (can not change anything in DB but only view).

But later I realized this role is not even allowed to change his password. I've tried several permutations and combinations but it does not work.

Can somebody help as how to allow this role to change his password only and everything else is read only? I'm not sure if this is possible.

Thanks.
Regards
Ravi.