Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to fix lost synchronization with server

I looked back at the previous thread you mentioned (bug #7914) and was
reminded that we never did understand what was going on in that report.
I'm not sure if you are seeing the same thing though.  That user reported
that he was able to see pg_dump's memory consumption bloating well beyond
what it ought to be (I suppose he was watching the process in whatever
Windows' equivalent of ps or top is).  Do you see that?

This occurs in customer computer which I din't observe.

I added --inserts parameter to pg_dump and ssl=false in postgresql.conf file.

After that backup works OK.
Is it OK to use  --inserts parameter ?

Andrus.