Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Monitoring Pg servers with Microsoft SCOM

On 5/4/2014 4:17 PM, Glen Eustace wrote:
I am in the process of deploying Microsoft System Centre Operations Manager and was hoping that somebody had either developed or knew of where I could get hold of a management pack for PostgreSQL.

I am not sure whether there is an instrumentation interface into the DB so haven't yet looked at rolling our own.

if you have perl (strawberryperl ?) on the postgres server, you could use the checkpostgresql.pl script meant for Nagios from the Bucardo folks, it will allow you to poll for 100s of status and performance metrics, even things like table bloat.