Search Postgresql Archives

Re: any way for a transaction to "see" inserts done earlier in the transaction?

It isn't marked as one of those as all, so whatever the default is.

That could be it.  I'll look up the default.

Thanks,
Susan

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Susan Cassidy <susan.cassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> It is a fairly large and complex Perl program, so no, not really.
> I do an insert via a function, which returns the new id, then later I try
> to SELECT on that id, and it doesn't find it.

> Could it be because the insert is done inside a function?

Is the SELECT also inside a database function, and if so is that function
marked stable or immutable?  That might explain it --- non-volatile
functions are intentionally designed not to notice updates that happen
after they start.

                        regards, tom lane