Search Postgresql Archives

Re: hot standby data folder bigger than primary

On 4/16/2014 2:52 PM, yhe wrote:
hi,

I have a primary/standby setup and I noticed after many days running, the
standby's data folder is growing bigger than the primary, and it keeps
growing bigger, now it is almost 4 times the size, eg, primary data folder
is 2G, standby is 8G.

Does anyone know why it is so?

best,
Ying

Are you using streaming or wal shipping (or both)?

The data folder is to general, there are a bunch of folders in there. Can you compare the sizes of the folders inside? (things like base and pg_xlog)

Assuming you have wal shipping, do you have the archive_cleanup_command set in your recovery.conf?

-Andy