Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Unrecognized service

On 04/14/2014 07:17 PM, Augori wrote:
Here's what the ps command gives:

root@server# ps ax | grep post
  9165 pts/1    S+     0:00 grep post

Does this mean it's not running?

Yes, it is not running.

It's certainly possible that software updates have occurred.  There are
a lot of people working on this machine, so I'm not aware of which
changes have been made lately.

The part that has me confused is where you say this started a few days ago with the failure of the nightly process. So is there anything else using this database? If so where there any other failures? If not then I am totally at a loss as what is going on.

Do you think I need to reinstall the works and set everything up again?

Well, per the other,  posts at least the start up scripts.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx