Search Postgresql Archives

Re: openssl heartbleed

On 04/10/2014 01:01 AM, Albe Laurenz wrote:
Steve Crawford  wrote:

If you aren't and weren't running a vulnerable version or if the
vulnerable systems were entirely within a trusted network space with no
direct external access then you are probably at low to no risk and need
to evaluate the cost of updates against the low level of risk.
If you are in a totally trusted environment, why would you use SSL?

I didn't say *totally* trusted - that doesn't exist. We use secure connections inside our firewall all the time and sometimes authentication convenience is as much a driving factor as security.

I didn't suggest someone *avoid* updating keys/certificates - just to evaluate cost vs. risk as one must always do. But I'd submit that anyone seriously concerned about this attack being launched from within their internal network has a whole bunch of higher-priority security problems.

-Steve