Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Lock problem

------ Original Message ------
From: "Tom Lane" <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Victor Sterpu" <victor@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 4/2/2014 6:31:13 PM
Subject: Re:  Lock problem

"Victor Sterpu" <victor@xxxxxxxx> writes:
 I have a problem that it seems to be very hard to debug.
 Problem is from some postgresql locks. I use PostgreSQL 9.1.8.

You haven't actually explained what your problem is.

 I runned this query to fid the locks:
 SELECT bl.pid AS blocked_pid, a.usename AS blocked_user, kl.pid AS
 blocking_pid, ka.usename AS blocking_user, a.current_query AS
 blocked_statement FROM pg_catalog.pg_locks bl JOIN
 pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity a ON a.procpid = bl.pid JOIN
pg_catalog.pg_locks kl ON kl.transactionid = bl.transactionid AND kl.pid
 != bl.pid JOIN pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity ka ON ka.procpid = kl.pid
 WHERENOT bl.granted;

This query proves little. It might find two different transactions
waiting for the same transactionid, but it doesn't show that one is
waiting for the other. They could both be waiting for some third
transaction.

   regards, tom lane

Problem is that my application is hanging because of this locks and I can't point the problem.
What query would prove more?
All my transactions have commit or rollback.
I don't know how to fix or how to begin to find the problem

Thank you.