Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Confusing conflicts between OpenJPA and Postgresql

On 03/24/2014 07:05 AM, Vito wrote:
Hi all,
I'm recently doing some research with Apache ODE engine. I use
Postgresql as its external database, openjpa as its ORM solution and
bitronix as its transaction manager. The ODE workflow engine starts
without any problem. But when I deploy process definition files into the
engine, the exception came out. I paste the error content at the end of
this email.
I looked through the source code of
org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DecoratingDataSource, and found that openjpa
is almost definitely to meant to invoke the function of reseting
transaction isolation level, which would be catched by Postgresql and
return with an exception.
Does that mean openjpa works poorly with Postgresql? Or who can tell me
how to solve this problem.

Well it seems supported and what you report is not a known issue:

http://ci.apache.org/projects/openjpa/2.2.x/docbook/manual/main.html

A quick scan through the documentation showed a lot of different transaction management going on. Seems a answer would probably be found faster on the openjpa list:

http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/OpenJPA-Users-f208411.html

Regards,
Vito

--