Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Timezone information

On 02/19/2014 01:16 PM, Dev Kumkar wrote:
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:32 AM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Try issuing SET TimeZone commands.  I think you'll find that the
    client can set whatever time zone it wants.

I think am not being heard incorrectly here.

Here is the scenario - Database is created using binaries and not
postgreSQL installer here. Next this database gets created on one
machine SRC-INDIA and then is shipped globally which can be in any
timezone, for example TGT-USA.
Since the database is created on SRC-INDIA the timezone parameter gets
set as "Asia/Calcutta", but when shipped locally then now() would return
incorrect time as per target TGT-USA local time.

Do you know where the machine is going when you do the install?

Regards...

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx