Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Streaming Replication - Error on Standby

On 02/11/2014 10:12 AM, bobJobS wrote:
Postgres 9.3.2.
RHEL 5

After performing all of the Streaming Replication setup steps, I get the
following error message in my standby DB log file.

   database system identifier differ between the primary and standby

I've double checked the recovery.conf file and it contains the correct
hostname, port, username and password.

I've also verified that ssh into either the primaryor standby as the
replication user does not require a password.

When building the standby I took the latest backup from the primary and
loaded the standby. After, I executed the start backup command on the
primary, followed by rsync, then the stop backup command.

I've googled the heck out of the error message and I found only references
to invalid primary connection information.

Any ideas?

Also meant to send this link which is newer and covers pg_basebackup:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Hot_Standby

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx