Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Fully-automatic streaming replication failover when master dies?

> I don't think pgpool adds the lost node on its own (once the node is live
> or available again).

That's one of my TODOs. If we limit it to the standby nodes, it will
be safe. I hope this is added to next major version of pgpool-II.

> Plus if you have a 3 node replication you need to have
> your own failover_command (as a shell script) which changes the master node
> for 2nd secondary when one of the secondary servers decides to be promoted
> to primary). I hope things will get easy with version 9.4 (I guess in 9.4
> one won't have to rebuild a master node from backup. if the wal files are
> available it will just roll forward).

Yes, if you have multiple candicate standbys to be promoted, you
should make a discion on this. Pgpool-II cannot guess your will.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan