Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_config problems on PG9.3/Centos?

On 01/21/2014 01:18 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oddly, there was a pg_config in /usr/bin that was not a symlink and not
owned by any package.  I'm really puzzled as to how it got there, but I
removed it, and symlinked the one from /usr/pgsql-9.3/bin.  It puts out
better information.

It also sounds like from your comment that symlinking to /usr/bin is
frowned upon.  What is the better way to deal with this?

So with the pg_config thing resolved, my make now get stuck on the error
below.  I found a BSD bug report with the same message from 9.2,
although I was able to successfully compile for 9.2 previously.  I'm
wondering if anyone seems something obvious or simple that could be
causing this or could be fixed.  I know the table_log packages are kind
of ancient, but they do the trick!

table_log.c: In function ‘table_log’:
table_log.c:134: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘RelationGetNamespace’
table_log.c:140: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
table_log.c: In function ‘__table_log’:
table_log.c:301: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
table_log.c:310: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
table_log.c:312: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
table_log.c:346: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
table_log.c:354: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
table_log.c:373: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
table_log.c:381: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
table_log.c: In function ‘table_log_restore_table’:
table_log.c:794: error: ‘timestamptz_out’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
table_log.c:794: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
table_log.c:794: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [table_log.o] Error 1

I saw a similiar thing on the -odbc list where someone was using PGXS to build something. It seemed AFAICT the build was not picking up timestamp.h from the Postgres includes. This is where timestamptz_out is found. I suggested they manually include it in the *.c file. I never heard back so I assumed that worked, though I can not be sure.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx