Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Planning error in dynamic string creation in plpgsql

On 01/05/2014 08:43 PM, Keith Fiske wrote:
I can't remove the quote_literal() because the value could potentially
be a string, time, or number. Without the loop, quote_literal() handles
the variable being any one of those types without any issues and quotes
(or doesn't) as needed.

Well I tried it in your example function and it seemed to work. I don't think it is quote_literal that is the problem, it is the assignment to v_sql. In the FOREACH it seems v_sql is not being replanned. In the other loop there two instances of it and they segregated by type at the start so they do not suffer the planning issue with types.

--
Keith Fiske
Database Administrator

--